Sunday, March 24, 2013

Life in the Garden

Life in all its glory and fragility is abundant in my garden today.

Yesterday, Licorice, the oldest feral cat resident, decided to bypass the tarp covered plastic bins I had set in the side garden I rarely use. 

Instead, she gave birth to her kittens in the only remaining high grass - exactly where I had planned to cut it down today and plant sunflowers and cosmos.

Now she moved her new family of three a few feet away to under the thriving rosemary scrub and within a snarl and a scratch away from all the new containers filled with sage and basil, lemongrass, ginger and garlic.

Oh well, temporary hand watering will build up my arms.

Honey bees and a backwards flying Anna's hummingbird gleefully gather the nectat from the orange blossoms.

Peace reigns supreme, and is that not what a garden is supposed to provide?

No comments:

Post a Comment